Costessey Infant is an inclusive learning community where children feel safe and valued within a creative and supportive environment. Children are encouraged to be independent and to reach their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
We aim to:
- To provide a broad, balanced, creative curriculum, relevant to children’s needs and abilities, where each child can achieve their own potential
- To develop children’s intellectual, social, emotional, spiritual, physical, moral and cultural growth
- To provide a safe, disciplined, happy and caring environment where education of the highest quality takes place
- To maintain an ethos where the whole school community works together in order to foster an atmosphere of co-operation, trust and respect of self and others
- To give each child a sense of worth and identity and to develop their desire to do the best for others and themselves
The school has adopted the Local Authority’s Statement of Policy for the Curriculum 5 – 16. We believe in the foundation principles of education stated in the document and aim, as a whole school, to put these into practice.